Where Does the Android Mobile-App Ecosystem Stand? [Infographic]
After an initial release in 2008, Google's Android mobile operating system has enjoyed rapid lightning adoption. It is currently the mobile operating system with the largest market share in the U.S. And its mobile application store, Google Play, has more than 450,000 apps available for download.
So what does the Android mobile-app ecosystem look like? Who are these developers cranking out all of these mobile applications and how do they live?
Startapp, a startup that helps Android developers generate revenue from their mobile apps, polled Android developers to find out the answers to these questions and more.
Here are a few key highlights from the survey:
- 58 percent of Android developers surveyed work independently
- 45 percent of Android developers surveyed work alone
- 66 percent of Android developers surveyed use the Amazon app store
- 58 percent of Android developers surveyed develop for the platform as their main job
- 93 percent of the apps surveyed Android developers make are free
- 53 percent of Android developers surveyed own Samsung devices
Check out the full infographic on Android developers from StartApp below.