America: Where Entrepreneurs Take Flight [Infographic]
The United States of America is home to some of the greatest and most daring success stories in business. Where else can a seemingly simple photo sharing app be sold for $1 billion dollars without ever going public?
The technology industry, particularly in software, web and mobile applications, can be a high-growth but high-stakes game. Other industries, however, are also projected to see growth in the next five years.
Docstoc, a document sharing and collaboration application, put together an infographic that takes a look at the state of entrepreneurship in America. The infographic ranks the states with the most business opportunities and outlines a list of the industries poised for the highest revenue growth in the next five years.
For those looking to make a move, keep an eye on these industries:
- Wind power: 11.2 percent revenue growth
- Biotechnology: 9.6 percent revenue growth
- E-commerce and online auctions: 9.4 percent revenue growth
- Environment consulting: 9.4 percent revenue growth
- Video games: 8.3 percent revenue growth
- Solar power: 7.9 percent revenue growth
Check out Docstoc's full infographic below.