The Cost of Lost Smartphones Around the World [Infographic]
Given the amount of information, memories and data that we pack into our smartphones, losing one isn’t just like losing a best friend. It’s more like losing a best friend, a personal assistant, a sibling and a professional colleague.
Since smartphones go with us everywhere we go, including the bathroom, it’s easy for people to misplace them as they go about their busy days. What does the total smartphone loss tally up to? Nearly $30 billion in the U.S. alone, according to Lookout Mobile Security.
The mobile security company teamed up with Backgroundcheck.org to put together an infographic, “The World of Lost Smartphones,” which tracks the dollar amount of smartphones lost and the cities where people are more likely to misplace their mobile device.
Here are a few interesting highlights from the infographic:
- $7 million worth of phones are lost around the world each day
- 2/3 of phone loss happens between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.
- $11 million worth of phones were lost during Christmas
- 4 phones are lost each day at Niagara Falls
- $14 million worth of smartphones were lost during the new year
Check out the infographic for more information on smartphone loss: